Tuesday, May 7, 2013

JUST BREATH

Sometimes I need a space to just breath.  I've been busy all along, painting and working on commissions, and  it's been one of the hectic/tense times on the home front.  We all have those now and then.  And all of a sudden, I don't know what to do next with my painting because everything seems so overwhelming.  
The word is, 'Paint what you love.' and I know I love animals - dogs and cats, and horses.  I love being around them, love painting them, but is it time I tried something  else? Or maybe focus on just one type of animal, or just one breed of dog?  
                 
                

 I delight in Faeries, so should I spend some time in Fantasy now?
How about a new interest in tiny landscapes - is this the time to spend getting good at them?  


So many decisions . . . so much to make my head ache. I think I need an aspirin!
I've learned through experience that when times like this land on me, the thing to do is to sit back quietly and just breath.  The answer will fall into place as long as I don't rush out and jump into a series of paintings that will never please me because I wasn't 100 % committed to them at the beginning.
So for the next few days, I'll be doing some serious thinking about which direction I want to take with my painting for the next extended time.  But first, take a breath with me.  AHHH!
cheers,
Heather


http://www.heatheranderson-animalart.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment